Do you ever get the urge to rearrange furniture? I do. It makes me feel like I am getting a "new room" without going shopping for new stuff. Anyway, tonight I decided that I wanted to move the furniture around in our basement. This normally would not be a difficult task but when you have a 300lb old Sony Trinitron TV it creates a higher degree of difficulty. I thought that we would just be able to "scoot" it across the carpet to its new spot in the room. Jeff advised me that it was too heavy for this maneuver and we would need to lift it up. Jeff had never had to lift this TV by himself before, as we have always punished my Dad with this task. (Sorry Dad). Jeff grasps the TV and explains to me that he was going to lift it up and take 5 steps backwards and sit down on the couch with the TV on his lap. In the meantime, I was going to move the TV stand into place. After it was in place, Jeff would stand up with the 300lb TV and place it back on the stand. Sounds good, right? I expressed concern that Jeff would not be able to successfully move the TV by himself. He grasped the TV and started to lift...he had it in his hands for a second and realized that the 5 steps backwards to the couch was not going to happen...he then proceeded to try and THROW THE TV OVER TO THE COUCH...he came up short. The TV landed face down on the floor. We both stared in disbelief. I thought for sure that the screen was shattered. It ended up that Jeff did in fact make contact with the couch...the corner of the TV put a hole in the fabric on the front of the couch. We lifted the TV back up (the screen was not shattered, just some cracks in the frame of the TV) and turned it on. I was sure it would explode so I made Tate stand back. Amazingly enough, it did turn on and there was no need for a fire extinguisher. There is a weird purple haze around the edges of the TV, but it is viewable. To add insult to injury, I don't even like the new furniture arrangement. Looks like we will be making a trip to Nebraska Furniture Mart this weekend to look at new TVs.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Oops!
Posted by The Nekola Family at 9:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment