Sunday, April 27, 2008

Laundry Mess





My washing machine decided to break while Jeff was out of town this weekend. Awesome timing. Water was pouring out of the bottom of it. Thank goodness there is a floor drain in the laundry room or I would've had a bigger mess since our laundry room is on the second floor. I had to find a place to put the soaking wet clothes so I could pull the machine out from the wall and shove one of my children back there with towels. I have never used the master bath tub for bathing but it did work pretty well as a make-shift washing machine. The clothes still had a lot of soap in them so I had to wash them out somewhere. I tried to ring them out and put them in the dryer. The dryer did not like that idea so much and quit working as well. Water was then pouring out of the bottom of the dryer.
I have now found out that there is no such thing as a laundry mat anymore. The closest one is in Raytown which also seems to get a lot of news coverage for violence/crimes, so I decided I would rather wear dirty clothes than go there. Good thing I decided to have a garage sale this weekend. It appears that all of my proceeds will be going to the repairman.

0 comments: